Posted July 20, 2021
Venture General Contracting
1518 1st Ave S, Suite 400
Seattle, WA 98134
Field Safety Manager
The Field Safety Manager assists the development, implementation, and monitoring of the company-wide safety program in collaboration with the Safety Director. In addition, they assist with the development, implementation, and monitoring of site-specific safety plans in collaboration with the project management team.
Bachelor’s degree in safety related discipline preferred, experience in lieu of education may be considered.
Professional certifications preferred (CSP, ASP, CHST, STS).
Two years of safety experience is required, preferably in the construction industry.
• Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of OSHA, DOT, DOL, WAC, and other federal, state and local environmental health and safety laws.
• Strong safety acumen and appreciation of the real life challenges of managing complex safety programs.
• Excellent verbal, written, consensus building and relationship-building skills are essential.
• Committed to lessons learned and continuous improvement.
• Ability to work under pressure, stay organized and continuously meet deadlines.
• Must be available to be on call for emergencies.
• Strong proficiency using Microsoft Office applications and mobile technologies.
• Certified First Aid and CPR certification preferred.
• Develop regular reports and make recommendations for the effectiveness of project safety programs and operations and the occurrence of any significant safety incident on the project.
• Assist project management in evaluating safety performance and exercising authority to maintain compliance with regulatory and company requirements.
• Notify government agencies of project starts and reportable incidents in accordance with local and federal regulations as directed by the Safety Director.
• Coordinate the development, implementation, distribution, and communication of the project specific safety plan standards.
• Review investigation reports of incidents including safety, medical, first aid cases, and damage to property or equipment and verify that corrective action to completed.
• Report to and advise project management on current legislation, information and issues regarding safety.
• Other duties as assigned.
Go to www.VentureSeattle.com.
Hoover cursor over "PEOPLE" at the top of the web page.
Click on "CAREERS".
Click on "Field Safety Manager" under open positions.
Click on the green button "Apply Now" to apply.