Puget Sound Area Safety Summit
The Safety Summit is dedicated to forming a networked alliance of government, management, and labor to develop methods and solutions for continuous improvement of workplace safety, with the goal of reducing workplace injuries and accidents to zero. Through the Safety Summit, we place an additional focus on increasing educational opportunities and safety awareness and improving safety practices throughout the state.
Monthly Safety Summit meetings, held at the Aerospace Machinist's Hall the second Wednesday of each month from 9am-12pm, provide a forum for industry professionals to share information, collaborate as a team in our commitment to safety excellence, and to seek solutions to common problems. Safety Summit meetings require no pre-registration and are provided free of charge.
Wednesday May 8, 201
Substance Abuse in the Workplace
In May we will focus on substance abuse in the workplace including the new marijuana law in Washington State as it pertains to the workplace. Also, we will have a presenter on the Human Resources side to talk about employee assistance programs for both drug and alcohol abuse.
Tom Pool with Drug Free Business
Ron Kuest with MBG Management Services.
There will be a brief presentation on the Outdoor Heat Exposure rules as a refresher prior to the warmer months of summer.
Meetings are held the second Wednesday of every month at 6:30 a.m.
Alki Bakery Cafe
5700 1st Ave South
Seattle, WA 98108
View current and archived OSHA PSASS Newsletters.
- January 09, 2008 - Crane Rigging Awareness
- March 12, 2008 - Disaster and Emergency Preparedness
- April 09, 2008 - What is an Industrial Athlete?
- May 14, 2008 - Transportation: Securing your Load
- June 11, 2008 - Contractor/Public Liability & Teen Safety
- October 08, 2008 - Washington State Fall Protection Regulations with Steve Heist, L&I Technical Services
- November 12, 2008 - Construction Crane Safety and the Latest Guidelines, Rob Scherbarth, Overton Safety
- December 10, 2008 - How to Develop a Safe Driving Culture - Presented by Swerve Training Center
- January 14, 2009 - Meeting Notes - Challenges for 2009
- January 14, 2009 - Nurturing a Safety Culture, Presented by Greg Baker, JMJ Associates
- February 11, 2009 - Owner's Panel: Value Lives, Value Safety
- March 11, 2009 - A Second Chance: Living to tell the story and Testimony from an injured worker
- April 08, 2009 - View from the Top: Clarity on crane and electrical requirements
- May 13, 2009 - Focus on the Environment: Two Perspectives
- June 10, 2009 - Underground Construction and Job Hunting Resources
- August 12, 2009 - Ladder and Scaffold Safety
- September 09, 2009 - VENDOR & JOB FAIR, 17th ANNIVERSARY
- October 14, 2009 - Trenching and Excavation Safety
- November 11, 2009 - UW & COE Jobsite Safety
- December 09, 2009 - Wellness In the Workplace
- January 13, 2010 - Safety in Concrete Pumping
- February 10, 2010 - The Aging Workforce
- March 10, 2010 - Safety Leadership for Supervisors
- April 14, 2010 - DOSH and OSHA Directions / Current Focus
- May 12, 2010 - High Voltage Contact
- June 09, 2010 - Drug & Alcohol Program Development
- July 14, 2010 - Safety Geeks Golf Tournament
- August 11, 2010 - Fire Safety During Construction
- September 08, 2010 - Wellness and Rehabilitation
- October 13, 2010 - Work Zone Safety and CSA 2010
- November 10, 2010 - Chemical Hazards & Virtual Simulation for the Construction Industry
- December 08, 2010 - Theft and Confrontation in the Workplace
- January 12, 2011 - Disaster Preparedness
- February 09, 2011 - Erosion, Spill, and Storm Water Control
- March 09, 2011 - Technological and Safety Advances in Corded and Cordless Power Tools
- April 13, 2011 - New Crane Rules and Training Requirements
- May 11, 2011 - Young and Old, Training and Survival on the Job
- June 08, 2011 - Asbestos Awareness Certification
- July 13, 2011 - Safety Geeks Golf Tournament
- August 10, 2011 - HR & Safety Partners in Success
- September 14, 2011 - Managing Lead Exposure In the Workplace
- October 12, 2011 - Fire Safety in Commercial Building
- October 27, 2011 - Temporary Electrical Power
- December 14, 2011 - Stay at Work Program (L&I), Understanding your Experience Rate, OSHA 300 recordkeeping
- January 11, 2012 - Crane, Rigging and Signaling, New Rules
- February 08, 2012 - 1-800 DIG presentation
- March 14, 2012 - Respirators and Noise exposure
- April 11, 2012 - Fall Protection
- May 09, 2012 - Traffic Control and Work Zone Safety
- June 13, 2012 - Heat Stress , Outdoor Insect , Plan ,Prevention and Response
- July 11, 2012 - Safety Geeks Golf Tournament
- August 08, 2012 - Tunneling Big & Small
- September 12, 2012 - Positive Effects of the Superintendent (on safety)
- October 10, 2012 - Storm Water, Erosion, and Sediment Control
- November 14, 2012 - Safety Culture and Leadership
- December 12, 2012 - The Quest for Zero,Using Leading Indicators to Achieve a Safer Workplace
- January 09, 2013 - Workman’s Comp (L&I) Claims
- February 13, 2013 - DOSH and OSHA updates
- March 13, 2013 - Employee Discipline or Punishment ?
- April 10, 2013 - Crisis Management